EAS grants for young aerobiologists (published 09/13/2018)
6 young aerobiologists have been granted by EAS for the International Congress on Aerobiology which took place in Parma from 3rd to 7th of September:
– Elisa Banchi
– Pawel Bogawski
– Nora Els
– Moises Martinez-Bracero
– Kenji Miki
– Zsofia Tischner
ESA 2020 (published 09/11/2018)
The dates of the 7th European Symposium on Aerobiology are known, the Symposium will take place from 15th to 20th of June 2020, in Cordoba, Spain.
APAS 2018 (published 09/11/2018)
The 2nd Aerobiology and Palynology Symposium will take place in Bodrum, Mugla, Turkey from 7th to 10th of October 2018.
website of the congress: http://www.apascongress.org/
NEXT EAS COMMITTEE MEETING AND GENERAL ASSEMBLY (published 07/09/2018 – updated 08/23/2018)
During next ICA in Parma (3-7 September 2018), the EAS Committee meeting will take place on Wednesday 5th September from 12.45 to 14.15.
The EAS General Assembly will be on Thursday 6th September from 13.10 to 14.30.
NEW POSITION FOR AEROBIOLOGIST (published 07/09/2018)
University of Augsburg
At the University Center for Health Sciences at Klinikum Augsburg – UNIKA-T, a position for one is available at the earliest possible date
Laboratory technician for an environmental medical laboratory
For a full-time position (100%) to occupy the regular working time in an employment contract initially limited to two years. The position is open to job sharing, given its full-time coverage is guaranteed. The employer is the University of Augsburg, the place of employment is the UNIKA-T, Neusässer Straße 47, 86156, in Augsburg.
In the laboratory of UNIKA-T, under the direction of Prof. Dr. Jens O. Brunner, he/she will carry out taxonomic and experimental environmental medicine research, which should contribute to a better understanding of human-environment interaction. The scope of tasks includes the following activities:
• Independent operation, maintenance and supervision of highly sensitive special equipment in accordance with legal requirements (automatic Pollen Monitor, Hund GmbH)
• Independent operation, maintenance and supervision of special equipment in accordance with legal requirements (Hirst-type volumetric traps, Burkard Co UK) and independent laboratory analysis of weekly air samples (extraction of samples, slide preparation and storage)
• Optical microscopy of airborne pollen and fungal spores (from both types of equipment men-tioned above, Burkard and Hund) according to scientific standards and for the majority of the plant and fungal taxa captured in the air samples
• Inserting pollen and fungal spore measurements into specialised MS Excel worksheets
• Contacting companies with technical questions and problems
• Certified technician in medical engineering, preferably with a focus on hardware, or similar ed-ucation or similar skills
• Taxonomic skills of microscopic identification of airborne fungal spores and airborne pollen
• Sound IT/computer knowledge and use (working in Windows environment, knowledge of MS Office, knowledge of statistics is also preferred)
• flexibility, organizational skills and independent work
• High motivation and active teamwork
• Creative approach to various technical issues
• Experience working in a medical and / or biological laboratory
• Good communication skills
• Very good English and German skills for working in an international team
The remuneration is paid according to personal and collectively agreed conditions and up to fee group 9 TV-L.
Severely handicapped applicants are preferably recruited with otherwise substantially the same qualifications and professional performance. The University of Augsburg promotes the professional equality of women. Women are specifically invited to apply. The University of Augsburg is particularly commit-ted to the reconciliation of family and work life.
Please send your comprehensive application at latest until 31.07.2018
by post to Dr. Clemens Heuson, UNIKA-T, Neusässer Str. 47, 86156 Augsburg, or per E-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .